Pet Safety Is Paramount During Pest Control Services
Lowell, Arkansas – Pest control services are important for all homes to keep them free of mice, cockroaches, termites, and other insects that can destroy quality of living. However, some people forgo quarterly pest control because they fear that their personal pets are in danger. While Alder Pest Control uses the safest products available on the market, homeowners can further protect their furry friends by being diligent when technicians are on-site.
The staff of Alder Pest Control are pet parents, just like many of their clients. They sympathize with the concern of keeping some animals safe while trying to deter others. While there is always some inherent risk of spraying any type of chemical in a residential environment, Alder Pest Control says that families can take many preventative measures to keep their animals safe. These include:
- Asking about the chemicals being used. According to Alder Pest Control, many service providers use chemicals that are considered safe for family pets. This is not always the case, and homeowners are encouraged to discuss these concerns with their quarterly pest control or termite inspection services provider.
- Talking to the exterminator. All pest control professionals are aware of the dangers associated with spraying chemicals around animals. But, they cannot take extra precautions if they do not know if there are pets on the premises. Homeowners should give their technicians a heads-up, especially if the animals are in the home at the time of service.
- Keeping pets contained. One of the most important things that homeowners can do to ensure their animal’s safety is to keep them in a kennel or pet carrier. In the absence of these, animals may be kept in a room that is not scheduled for pest control, such as a garage. This is especially important during specialized treatments, such as those for bedbugs, spiders, and fleas.
- Taking extra precautions with fish and birds. Pest control is usually accomplished by using equipment designed to spray specific areas. However, small droplets may spread throughout a home, and fish tanks and bird cages, which are typically not as easily relocated as dogs and cats, should be covered.
- Consulting with a veterinarian. Homeowners with exotic pets are highly encouraged to consult with their veterinarian before scheduling any type of pest control service. While the chemicals most often used are tested and considered mostly safe for domestic animals, exotic pets may not be the same. Alder Pest Control can provide information on pest control chemicals so that homeowners can speak with their veterinarians to determine if any additional safety precautions are required.
- Preparing the home ahead of time. Homeowners should talk with their pest control services company to find out how their home should be prepared for pest control services. For an initial treatment or for specialized treatments, homeowners may be asked to reduce clutter or pull furniture away from walls. This gives the technician a clear path so that they can better target pest control chemicals.
Alder Pest Control understands that pets are family. Each technician is trained in how to minimize cross-contamination so that homeowners can enjoy a pest-free home without worrying about their pet’s health. The steps noted above, including covering fish tanks, keeping pets contained, and consulting with a veterinarian, are small and simple actions homeowners can take to offer an added layer of protection for their furry, fishy, and feathered friends.
Alder Pest Control offers quarterly pest and termite control services to home and business owners throughout Northwest Arkansas, including Rogers, Bella Vista, and Bentonville. Visit AlderPestControl.com for more information or to request a quote.
Alder Pest Control
820 Venice St